Route to the Roots: Jewish Heritage Tour
Note: This program is available for individuals and group of any size.
Visit the following counties: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary.
Recommended minimum stay: 7 nights/ 8 days
Hot tourist spots:
In Czech Republic:
- Walking tour in the Jewish District, Josefov. See the Old Ghetto, the Altneu Shul, which is the longest continually used synagogue in Europe, visit the Pincus Synagogue and see the memorial of the Jews of Prague who died in the Holocaust. The Old Cemetery, with the graves of such Jewish luminaries as Rabbi Judah Loew, the Maharal. New cemetery with the grave of Noda B’Yehuda.
- Castle District with the Golden Lane, Old Town Square, the Old Town Hall with its famous Astronomical Clock, Charles Bridge etc.
- Terezin as a Home and as a Hell, visit the former concentration camp, the Ghetto Museum, the Gestapo prison, and see the hidden synagogue in a potato store shed.
And many more…
- Walking tour in the Jewish Quarter, visit Dohany Street Synagogue (Europe’s biggest), the Jewish Museum, the Kazinczy Street Orthodox Sy, Holocaust Memorials such as the moving “Shoes Memorial” on the River Bank. (This is the memorial place from where the Nazi Hungarians shot the Jews into the Danube River in winter of 1944-45.), Glass House etc.
- Learn why Budapest was called the “Paris of the East”. Andrassy Avenue, the Opera House, Heroes’ Square, City Park, Parliament, Castle District
- Secession Budapest
- Visit Szentendre, the picturesque Mediterranean -like town waits you with several museums, galleries, open markets
- Visegrad Castle with breathtaking view to the Danube Bend
- Or just funs: like horse shows, summer toboggan runs, sightseeing cruises on the Danube River and many more.
- discover the abundant wealth of Jewish history of a bustling, elegant metropolis in the heart of Europe
- Juden Platz, Juden Gasse, memorable visit in the not long ago excavated Medieval Synagogue,
- visit the Schonbrunn Palace, the summer resident of the Habsburg Empire; see the Burg, the Parliament Building and the Ring Strasse …
Please contact us and we can work with you to develop an itinerary that best meets your interest.
For individual Clients we offer door to door transfers between the cities or just provide local guides, Airport/Railway Station-Hotel transfers in each place.